Monday, April 11, 2016

Workbench Riser

My workbench has been on 5 gallon bucket risers which are unstable and take up a bit too much space. I finally decided to building something better.

The riser is made from pressure treated 4x4's and 2x4 bracing.


 The buckets weren't cutting it any more.
 The posts are cut to 12". The dimensions are 36" x 21" to the center of each post. I used 3" screws to attach the bracing to the 4x4s.
 I painted the whole thing black. I was going to drill a hole in a piece of plywood to attach to the top of the 4x4 to keep the workbench in place, but there is no need. The top of the post provides plenty of space and the legs don't slide around. If the workbench sliding around is a concern, a forstner bit in the top of the post would solve the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget