Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Automotive Fiberglass Work

Going way back for this one.  My first foray into fiberglass work. And let me say, I miss this truck.  I wish I had just kept it and replaced the transmission, but that's another story.
 
Fiberglass steering wheel cover


I used expanding foam to reshape the dash, fiberglassed over it, added a layer of body filler, then sanded it down, primed it, and painted it. I removed the existing vents and used aluminum bar stock to create a billet grille look for the vents.

I shaped the existing arm rests with expanding foam, glassed them, and even made molds to reproduce them.

I don't have pictures of the sun visors, but I fiberglassed a flame pattern onto them and painted them. They ended up being too heavy, but they looked awesome.

I fiberglassed over the horn button and shaped it into my initials.

The headliner was a leather-look material covering a tribal flame design. I used 1/4" closed cell foam for the pattern- sorry no pictures of this either.
1991 Nissan Pickup.

Cuxtom fiberglass hot rod style arm rests.

Look at that dash, custom fiberglass, aluminum vents.

Removed the ashtray and added a W design.

The classic 6x9's. I removed the jump seat and use plywood.


Sorry for the poor image quality. It's a horn button.

Headliner

Flamed visors.

I had big plans for my next vehicle, except the plans never materialized.
The unfinished dash, and the center console.

I need to get to work on my current vehicle. With my knowledge now, I could do something really awesome with the interior. If I can only find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget