Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Air Hose Reel Mount

Air Hose Reel Mount

I wanted the hose reel mounted to my compressor. Here's how I did that.

 I built the mounting plate out of scrap 3/4" plywood.

Tool List:
table saw with crosscut sled
drill

Cut List:
(1)14"x7" mounting plate
(1) 14"x3" top plate with a notch for the compressor's piping
(4) 2"x2" triangular gussets 
(2) 1"x2" mounting tabs
(2) 2"x2" C shape clips

Introduction
This is my hose reel. I wanted it mounted to the compressor (that looks similar to this) so that the entire thing is portable. With the compressor's location on my shop, the reel mounted to the front made accessing the line easy.

My first idea was a big clamp ring bracket out of plywood that 'hung' from the top of the compressor tank. My second idea was hanging the mounting plate from the handle. I made it out of foam core to double check clearances. Plywood will be thicker so take that into account.

Foam core concept

The top plate, mounting plate, and tabs form a 'Z' shape. The tabs straddle the handle.


Once the bracket is in place against the compressor, the C clips slide over the handle and are screwed to the tabs with 1" coarse thread screws. This locks the bracket in place. The tabs and mounting plate are gusseted for extra strength.

Top plate, tab, c-clip, gusset.

I painted the bracket black to match the compressor.


I'm running a 50' 3/8" line. For all the hookups, you will need (1) set of 3/8" quick connects. The female quick connect for the 50' line and the male for the 3' whip. The whip connects the compressor to the reel. The reel has 1/2" fittings so I got (2) 3/8" to 1/2" adapters. I used thread tape on all connections.

A finishing touch with a vinyl cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget