Monday, December 31, 2018

My Favorite Projects from 2018

2018 Projects
These are my favorite projects from 2018. My output really dropped this year, though there were a lot of projects I planed for and didn't start or worked on and didn't complete. From my backlog that carried over from 2017, I did complete one project from that list.

Check out my favorite projects from 2016.
Check out my favorite projects from 2017.

Pitching Machine Restoration

I finally did it. I had it for over a year before I started, and it turned out to be a pretty easy restoration. It needed minimal parts and the motor still worked. It's been a lot of fun in the batting cage.

Fortnite Costumes


I've always wanted to build armor, so far this is the closet I've gotten. These were easier Halloween costumes than some years, but the foam work was fun and I had fun painting distressed armor. I only wish I had gotten time to make the TAC.

EVA Foam Legend of Zelda Master Sword

While I made this in 2017, I didn't post the project in 2018. It's always cool to draft a concept into reality.

Sheet Metal Brake
 
I like building tools and figuring out how to make it work. I had seen a few DIY plans, but nothing quite like this. I don't have a need for it often, but it will be useful when I do.

Shop Lighting Upgrade

It was a small project with a huge impact. Once I changed the lights, I decided to add receptacles, but before that I decided to rearrange my shop. I worked on the layout on an off this year, and I'm currently in the process of rearranging everything in the shop. I'm adding dust collection, planning to build a work table, and upgrading the electrical.

Future
The deck was the biggest delayed project. It will be the first thing I start once the weather warms up.
The shop project is big. I've learned a lot about dust collection, I think I'm just a few credits short of a masters. I've done a lot of planning to the shop while also correcting a few things and redoing the electrical. That project will finish early 2018. I'm ready to be done now. The work table may see a delay depending on weather and when the deck commences.

The CNC remains a concept only, and the Fallout 10mm pistol never came out of storage. I've been thinking about a drift trike for over a year. I'm hoping this is the year for that.
Big plans for 2019. I'm also thinking I'll post more concepts to the blog as opposed to only finished projects. That will push me to organize my thoughts and make it easier to come back to my notes, for example, all my CNC research and calculations. At the time I knew what I was doing, going back to it now some of the notes are a bit vague.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget