Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Favorite Projects from 2017

2017 was a  busy year!
These are my favorite projects from 2017. At the beginning of the year, I really tried to push out more projects but it didn't last. More impressive may be the list of projects I planned or brainstormed that didn't get started.

Check out my favorite projects from 2016.

Angor Rot from Trollhunters Costume

I finally built a 'big' costume, though I regret I didn't finish it. I still plan on getting to that. It was over 7' tall and I really liked the lights.

Build a Dice Tower

A small project, but one I use frequently as I've started a standing board game night. It's a weekend project, and those are always satisfying.

Mobile Laptop Harness

Another quick build, but I like how professional looking it ended up. I don't use it often, but it was a 1 hour build.

Primer on LED Lights

Not really a project exactly, but an independent study. It's because of this I knew how to implement the lights into my Angor Rot costume.

Overhead Camera Mount

I really like this for getting video of work like the LED wiring tutorial.

What did I have planned for 2017 that never saw the light of day? I designed a CNC router which was a lot of fun - calculating deflection, weight balance, and how all the components fit together is my favorite part of any project. I had hoped to start on it this year, but maybe next year. Part of the delay is the cost.

I bought a pitching machine in 2016 with the intention of restoring it. So far I know what I need, but I haven't bought the parts yet. Still hoping to do that the first of 2018.

I was supposed to start on a deck for my house, but I completely dropped the ball on that. The design looks awesome. It's the kind of project I like, referencing deck building codes and trying to optimize joists, etc.

I did start on a Fallout 3 10mm pistol, and while it does resemble the source material it has a long way to go.

I designed an arcade cabinet and got a Rasberry Pi to run it, but that's the extent of the project for now. If I can get some of these projects off the ground 2018 will be an impressive year. Is it possible to do them all? Yes. Will I do them all? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget