Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I'm a Successful Blogger - My 201st Blog Post

201 is a big number and it’s taken me two and a half years to reach it. Is my blog a success? Yes!
While success depends on the metric, the fact that I’ve kept up with it for two years is a result of hard work and a lot of writing.  I’ve written an average of eight posts a month since June 2013.
The number of people actually viewing the blog is relatively low, but I set out to catalog my projects so that I could revisit them and to help others. I’ve done that.

My original schedule was to make two posts a week. A problem quickly arose because many of my projects take a few months to complete.

It’s taken me two years to figure out what I want this blog to be. 

In the last year, really the last few months, I’ve been posting a lot more.  I started posting movie reviews last year, because I was writing the reviews anyway, I just wasn’t sharing them. I hadn’t posted, because who really cares about my thoughts on a movie? The number of caring people is relatively small, but the blog has changed from a catalog of my projects to also include a my thoughts and stories.

When I decided to post that first article, with a fair amount of apprehension, the positive feedback, received propelled me to keep going. I then posted a short story I had written. I’ve been writing them for four years off and on. Much to my surprise, people actually read it.

This blog is now operating how a blog should. It’s providing a window in to how I spend my time and my thoughts. These idea, stories, and all of the text I’m posting, I was writing anyway. The difference now is that I’m sharing it. It’s something I can look back on later, and something that hopefully will teach and engage readers.

Here are my most viewed posts:
These posts have reached a wider audience. There are a number of reasons for this. They are relatively simple projects with easy to procure supplies, and they involve building something from a well known franchise. The noodle incident post must just play into people's morbid curiosity. Your guess it as good as mine.

Tell me about your favorite posts. Which ones do you remember?

Is my blog successful? Yes. It’s so successful, I’m going to keep doing it, and I’m going to keep improving. Do I hope that the people I reach increases? Definitely.  Compared to last year, double the number of people are visiting my blog. A 100% increase in growth isn’t bad.

So if you see something you really like (or just kind of like), share it, talk about it, and let me know what you think.  If you have a question, ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widget